AAM to host Capitol Hill press conference today on U.S. auto parts sector
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) will be hosting a press conference today, Tuesday, January 31, 2012, 10:45 am ET in Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209.
The press conference will unveil three new reports released today that indicate that China's trade violations put 1.6 million jobs at risk In U.S. auto aupply chain. WTO violations also jeopardize the President’s blueprint for economic recovery.
Three separate reports being released Jan. 31. find that:
-More than 1.6 million U.S. auto parts jobs are at risk due to China's persistent violations of World Trade Organization (WTO) rules.
-More than 400,000 jobs in the U.S. auto supply chain have been lost since 2000 as a result of China’s predatory trade practices over the last decade,
-Unless China’s predatory trading practices are challenged by Washington, they pose a threat to the Obama Administration’s goal of a manufacturing recovery as outlined in the President’s State of the Union address.
What: Capitol Hill press conference to unveil these new reports.
When: 10:45 a.m. EST
Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209
• Senator Robert Casey (D-PA)
• Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
• Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
• Rep. Sandy Levin (D-MI)
• Leo W. Gerard, President, United Steel Workers (USW)
• Scott Paul, Executive Director, Alliance for American Manufacturing
• Rob Scott, Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Research, Economic Policy Institute (EPI)
• Terence Stewart, Esq., Partner, Stewart and Stewart
• United Auto Workers Representative (TBD)
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013