ABC World News Spotlights "Made in America"
As we've previously reported, ABC World News has been spotlighting "Made in America." Recognizing the connection between a strong industrial base and a vibrant economy, their feature on American-made products asks "how we can bring jobs back to the U.S."
In order to focus on the importance of buying Made in USA goods, ABC is attempting a reality show-style experiment: "Is it possible for an all-American family to live life with only all-American products?"
A family in Dallas, Texas, the Usry's, have agreed to participate in an experiment wherein they've emptied their house of imported products and replaced them with items made in the U.S. Part of the exercise is to see where all their products came from and whether similar goods are available from U.S. manufacturers.
Supporting U.S. manufacturing is an important step toward creating good-paying jobs throughout the nation. ManufactureThis salutes ABC's and the Usry's efforts, and we encourage you to tune-in all this week to "ABC World News with Diane Sawyer."
Related recent Blogs
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013
- G+ Hangout postponed! • by LDonia • 11/26/2013
- Americans increasingly sweating this economy, and it's no surprise • by mmcmullan • 11/26/2013