ABC's 'Made in America': The Air Force's Purchasing Power
As part of their 'Made in America' series, ABC World News covered a story that we reported last week. The U.S. Air Force granted a waiver on domestic procurement for the purchase of a number of products and components needed in the construction of military family housing units at Eilson Air Force Base in Alaska.
Though the Air Force claimed that an extensive list of basic products were unavailable in the "domestic manufacturing landscape" a viewer tip revealed that one item on the list, ceramic light bulbs, are in fact still being manufactured in a thriving plant in St. Mary's, Pennsylvania.
Watch the video below to see how ABC helped the Air Force connect with Osram Sylvania, the only company still manufacturing lightbulbs in the U.S., to keep at least one item on their list made in America:
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014