Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) presses Buy America issue at Indiana Democratic Convention
Indiana State Senator Tim Lanane (D-IN) visited the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) booth at the Indiana Democratic Convention over the weekend. AAM field coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury reports that Sen. Lanane worked with AAM in the last Indiana legislative session to strengthen the state's Buy America policy.
Pictured to the left: AAM field coordinator Michael Mitchell and Sen. Lanane.
Also at the convention, manufacturer Joe Weingarten (of Weingarten Gallery in Fishers, Indiana) showed his support for AAM's work on behalf of U.S. auto parts manufacturers.
Weingarten's company is the last U.S. manufacturer of sterling silver and 14K gold military insignia. The company benefits from domestic content requirements for the military and takes great pride in keeping its manufacturing in the U.S.
Pictured below: AAM's Bennett Steury and Weingarten.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013