April 30, 2012 Headlines: Chinese Dissident Seeks Asylum, Reaction to GDP Numbers, and More
NYT: Blind dissident Chen Guangchen has escaped House Arrest, and is reported to be hiding in the U.S. Embassy in Beijing.
NYT: GOP candidate Mitt Romney calls for the Obama administration to grant him asylum.
WSJ: Economists react to the new GDP numbers.
Bloomberg: A hard landing for the Chinese economy is making investors skittish.
The Hill: Representatives call for the administration to press China on economic reforms.
WSJ: A worrisome sign: jobless claims are trending upwards.
Krugman: Four charts to show the state of the economy and the causes of federal deficits.
AP: China Eastern Airlines is swapping their European Airbus A-340s for American-made Boeing 777s.
Related recent Blogs
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- June 18, 2013 Headlines: Free trade in DC, defending surveillance tactics, and more. • by LRaup • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- June 17, 2013 Headlines: Negotiation of a free trade deal, North Korea's proposition for the U.S., and more. • by LRaup • 06/17/2013
- June 14, 2013 Headline: France's trade agreement fears, thriving manufacturing plants, and more. • by LRaup • 06/14/2013
- Make Father's Day an American-made holiday! • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013