August 1, 2011 Headlines: Debt Issue Solved? Slow Manufactuirng Growth, Recession Potential, and More
NYT: How to cure the debt problem? Grow the economy.
The best thing you can say about the debt deal is that it could have been worse (Reuters). Paul Krugman thinks it was a huge mistake (NYT).
NYT: US government strategy shifts from spending to austerity. How will the economy react?
WSJ: Does slowing US growth portend another recession?
WSJ: Four factors that could make or break the economy: one is trade.
Reuters: One analysis suggests the auto industry could drive an economy recovery.
USAT: Piracy king China now copying entire retail stores.
Reuters: Manufacturing in Europe stalls, slows in Asia.
Zero Hedge: How China ate America’s lunch.
Wired: China plans to out-missile the US.
WSJ: Wal-Mart going local for food. (Will they follow for manufacturing?)
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013