August 11, 2011 Headlines: $53 Billion Trade Deficit, China's Aircraft Carrier, and More
Bloomberg: The trade deficit expanded to $53 billion in June, boosted by a widening trade gap with China.
WSJ: There are 4.5 unemployed Americans for every job opening.
NYT: Is China raising the value of the Yuan? (Apparently, not nearly enough.)
WaPo: Bill Gross: we don't have a debt problem, we have an aggregate demand and job creation problem.
DFP: President Obama visits a Michigan advanced battery manufacturer today; announces federal support for more projects.
USAT: Obama's vacation plans may look a bit awkward, given the state of the economy. (Then again, Congress is taking five weeks off.)
WSJ: China test-drives its new aircraft carrier.
WSJ: Infrastructure is the right stimulus, says former Gov. Ed Rendell.
WaPo: Democrats wish Obama would get bolder on job creation.
The Hill: How about a jobs "supercommittee"?
Related recent Blogs
- Budweiser Made in America Festival Lives Up to Its Name • by TGarland • 09/02/2014
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014