August 11, 2011 Headlines: $53 Billion Trade Deficit, China's Aircraft Carrier, and More
Bloomberg: The trade deficit expanded to $53 billion in June, boosted by a widening trade gap with China.
WSJ: There are 4.5 unemployed Americans for every job opening.
NYT: Is China raising the value of the Yuan? (Apparently, not nearly enough.)
WaPo: Bill Gross: we don't have a debt problem, we have an aggregate demand and job creation problem.
DFP: President Obama visits a Michigan advanced battery manufacturer today; announces federal support for more projects.
USAT: Obama's vacation plans may look a bit awkward, given the state of the economy. (Then again, Congress is taking five weeks off.)
WSJ: China test-drives its new aircraft carrier.
WSJ: Infrastructure is the right stimulus, says former Gov. Ed Rendell.
WaPo: Democrats wish Obama would get bolder on job creation.
The Hill: How about a jobs "supercommittee"?
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014