August 24, 2011 Headlines: Durable Goods Up, Tough Times Ahead, China Currency Update, and More
WSJ: A bright spot: durable goods ordered surged in July.
WSJ: But, manufacturing is bracing for tougher times ahead.
Technology Review: Andy Grove says we need to go “all in” for manufacturing.
The Hill: Departing White House manufacturing czar Ron Bloom says the auto rescue was a success. We agree.
Daily Beast: You think we have a debt problem? Check out China.
Project Syndicate: Martin Feldstein explains why China may have no choice but to raise the value of the Yuan.
WSJ: The Pentagon prepares a report on China’s military power.
Related recent Blogs
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013