August 4, 2011 Headlines: Paltry Jobs Agenda, China Chides US on Debt Debate, Another Recession? and More
WaPo: Obama’s jobs agenda? Really small stuff.
Politico: A preview of tomorrow’s jobs report.
USAT: Nancy Pelosi: Democrats want jobs, and want to pass China currency manipulation legislation.
China chides (WSJ) the US for debt ceiling debate (USAT).
Reuters: President Obama will head out on a bus August 15-17 to listen to Americans on jobs.
WSJ: Looks like low-wage call center jobs are coming back to the U.S.
Reuters: Stunning: New data shows US incomes down 15 percent 2007-2009.
Japan devalues (WSJ) the Yen. (This is not good for US manufacturing.) (Reuters)
NYT: Virtually every economic indicator is STILL below pre-recession levels.
Yahoo Finance: Unemployment rose in virtually every US city in June.
Bloomberg: Wal-Mart sales are dropping. Maybe it should add more American products?
CNN: China still favors its state-owned companies over the private sector.
HuffPo: America’s ten “sickest” housing markets include many areas with manufacturing job loss.
CT: Tavis Smiley takes a “poverty” tour to Chicago, home of President Obama.
IW: Julie Reiser: American wind power, made for the world.
Economist: Apple’s assembler Foxconn turns to robots since its Chinese workers are committing suicide, dying on the job and otherwise complaining about abysmal conditions.
Pro Publica: A great primer on the depth of our economic challenges, by the numbers.
538: Nate Silver: US is at least 17 percent behind long term GDP growth trend.
BI: Will the Fed do QE3?
Related recent Blogs
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013
- 51 American-made holiday gifts from around the country • by LDonia • 11/27/2013
- The Veep heads to Asia, while Michigan Democrats and automakers press the "currency issue" in TPP talks • by TGarland • 11/27/2013