Biden pushes Administration's manufacturing initiatives
At a speech today in Winston-Salem, Vice President Joe Biden spoke to workers at Wake Forest Biotech, a cutting-edge biotechnology firm.
Biden said one goal of the Obama administration is to ramp up scientific development in the U.S.
He emphasized the Obama administration’s initiatives to enact tax credits for companies that invest in renewable energy and to offer incentives for companies to bring back operations from overseas by offering a 20 percent tax credit to those that bring manufacturing back stateside.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013