Bluffton, Indiana-based A.T. Ferrell celebrates 143 years of American manufacturing
Bluffton, Indiana-based company, A.T. Ferrell, an agriculture and food processing business, is celebrating its 143rd year of manufacturing in the United States.
Civil War Captain John E. Smith started the company in 1869. Albert T. Ferrell purchased the company in 1891.
The company’s press release announced the anniversary:
Over the past 143 years, A.T. Ferrell Company has evolved from a small seed cleaning business to become one of the most respected and reliable names in the agriculture and food processing industries…
Since 1869, the A.T. Ferrell Company has manufactured seed and grain cleaners, sifting conveyors, flaking mills, roller mills and steam chests used by farm operators, feed mills, cattle feed lots, and food, cereal and oilseed processors to bring agricultural and food products to market.
Read more here.
Image from A.T. Ferrell's homepage.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013