Business News Daily explores why “Made in America” is making a comeback
Today Business News Daily posed an important question: Are consumers buying American again? The answer is yes—and the popularity of American-made goods is continuing to soar.
The article cites statistics from the China job drain report released by the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) last week, noting that 2.8 million jobs were lost to China, 62.9 percent of which were in the manufacturing industry. The article also notes that “The impact of the loss of these manufacturing jobs can be felt throughout the American economy, not just among blue-collar workers.”
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Communications Director Steven Capozzola weighed in on why Americans are more inclined to buy American-made than ever before:
“Any goods that are manufactured within the United States support four or five other jobs in the economy...In a recent poll, 97 percent of people have a favorable view of goods made in America," Capozzola told BusinessNewsDaily. "Approval [for American products] has skyrocketed, and part of the reason is safety. American brands stand for higher product quality, and now the average person understands that if a product is made here, it supports the economy."
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013