California resumes tax breaks for green energy manufacturers
The state of California has decided to continue a tax break program for clean energy manufacturers. State officials have determined that the initiative has been working as intended to help foster alternative energy in California.
Under legislation passed last year, the program allows qualified companies to waive the state sales tax when purchasing manufacturing equipment in California. It was intended to promote the growth of alternative energy manufacturing plants in the state and complement the state's push for renewable energy.
The state has approved 33 applicants for $104 million in sales tax exemptions, according to the Treasurer's office.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica AAM Staff Selections: Spirit Hoods • by LDonia • 12/12/2013
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013