China's aerospace industry is booming
New research sponsored by the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission (USCC) and conducted by RAND National Security Research shows that China’s aerospace industry has "advanced at an impressive rate over the
The report says that China’s domestic aerospace production has benefited from the "increasing participation of its aerospace industry in the global commercial aerospace market and the supply chains of the world’s leading aerospace firms."
Essentially, because China has become such a massive manufacturing power and has received transfers of "foreign aerospace technology," its aerospace production has greatly increased. One potentially troublesome area that the report assesses is "the extent to which U.S. and other foreign aerospace firms are dependent on supplies from China, and the
implications of all of these issues for U.S. security interests."
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013