December 22, 2011 Headlines: False Dawn for the Economy, Hondas Made in China, Wukan Update, and More
NYT: Is the economy truly rising, or is this a false dawn?
AP: The economy grew slower in the summer than initially thought.
NYT: Hondas Made in China are now being sold in North America.
WaPo: As European banks begin cutting back lending, American exporters prepare to face the new reality.
HuffPo: Dave Johnson on restoring our “Industrial Commons”.
WSJ: A resolution in Wukan, one that actually listens to the protesters.
Bonddad: Making the case for a manufacturing comeback.
WSJ: Which is the biggest China story of 2011?
NPR: Two million construction jobs disappeared in the past five years, and only about half will ever come back.
Ezra Klein: The year in charts.
WSJ: Charting the Euro crisis.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013