December 22, 2011 Headlines: False Dawn for the Economy, Hondas Made in China, Wukan Update, and More
NYT: Is the economy truly rising, or is this a false dawn?
AP: The economy grew slower in the summer than initially thought.
NYT: Hondas Made in China are now being sold in North America.
WaPo: As European banks begin cutting back lending, American exporters prepare to face the new reality.
HuffPo: Dave Johnson on restoring our “Industrial Commons”.
WSJ: A resolution in Wukan, one that actually listens to the protesters.
Bonddad: Making the case for a manufacturing comeback.
WSJ: Which is the biggest China story of 2011?
NPR: Two million construction jobs disappeared in the past five years, and only about half will ever come back.
Ezra Klein: The year in charts.
WSJ: Charting the Euro crisis.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014