December 22, 2011 Headlines: False Dawn for the Economy, Hondas Made in China, Wukan Update, and More
NYT: Is the economy truly rising, or is this a false dawn?
AP: The economy grew slower in the summer than initially thought.
NYT: Hondas Made in China are now being sold in North America.
WaPo: As European banks begin cutting back lending, American exporters prepare to face the new reality.
HuffPo: Dave Johnson on restoring our “Industrial Commons”.
WSJ: A resolution in Wukan, one that actually listens to the protesters.
Bonddad: Making the case for a manufacturing comeback.
WSJ: Which is the biggest China story of 2011?
NPR: Two million construction jobs disappeared in the past five years, and only about half will ever come back.
Ezra Klein: The year in charts.
WSJ: Charting the Euro crisis.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013