December 8, 2011 Headlines: Unemployment Applications Down, New Free Trade Deals, China's Debt, and More
NYT: The government is holding back entrepreneurs in China.
AP: Weekly unemployment applications fell to a 9-month low.
The Hill: The House will hold hearings next week on the Trans-Pacific trade pact.
Time: How Obama saved the Auto industry.
WaPo: The challenges facing the green car initiatives.
WSJ: The Chinese solar industry is fueled by excessive debt.
WSJ: A fight over the Payroll Tax extension is brewing on Capitol Hill.
NYT: American and Chinese military leaders are meeting for an annual review of major issues.
Ezra Klein: There’s no good way for the Eurozone to get out of this mess.
WSJ: Not like we’ve seen this problem before: As wages stagnate, consumers take on more debt to up their spending.
WSJ: Does the Doha round need to be revisited, with an emphasis on China?
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014