You're sure to find something for dad on our Father's Day gift guide.
Father’s Day is quickly approaching, and for those who have either forgotten or are just not prepared, Alliance for American Manufacturing’s own Caitlin Musselman and Bailey Pilgreen picked out a range of American-made gifts that any dad will enjoy.
- Known for making the most well-known baseball gloves used by multiple Major League greats, Rawlings is more than a sporting goods company. If your dad is a die-hard baseball fan, a Rawlings hand crafted glove is the way to go. If you really want to impress your dad you can design a custom glove using the online Rawlings Custom Glove Builder. With over 4,000 combinations, and options for personalization your glove is sure to be unique from the crowd! If you’re looking for a more sophisticated gift, Rawlings also produces The American Hand Craft Collection. This collection features American-made wallets, duffle bags, messenger bags, and brief cases made out of the finest leather, and is a homage to the manufacturing techniques of the past.
- With over 10 different watch designs for you to choose from, the handcrafted timepieces from the RGM Watch Co. are sure to make your dad the classiest man in town. RGM has been in business for 23 years and has kept the great traditions of fine watchmaking alive. Located in the heart of Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, RGM prides itself on making the finest watches in the USA.
- For the hunting, fishing, and camping aficionado, Duluth Pack has it all. Duluth has handcrafted hunting, shooting and outdoor gear in Minnesota since 1882. The quality, time-tested craftsmanship and hardware are guaranteed for life. Duluth prides itself in making the best backpacks, briefcases, apparel, travel items, outdoor gear, and accessories for the home. All of the bags are handcrafted inside their factory in Duluth — each sewer actually initials the tag in the bag!
- Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Beardition offers men 100 percent all-natural beard and grooming products specifically targeted toward men with beards. The company’s formulas are tailored to keep the more sensitive areas on one’s face hydrated and healthy by using only the finest natural ingredients. Beardition is even offering two gift sets specifically for Father’s Day. All of the production, packaging, and printing is done within the USA.
- Oregon manufacturing company Leatherman is still going strong crafting multi-tools, pocket tools, and knives after 32 years in business. Every multi-tool and knife is crafted by one of the 700 Oregonians who work at the Leatherman factory. To top it all off, you can make gifts personal with engraving and gift packages.
- For the ultimate patriot, the Smithsonian sells a mini United States Constitution that can be personalized, just in case your dad wants to celebrate his freedom by reading articles and amendments during the commute.
- While it is advised to typically stay away from cliché gifts such as ties, a personalized photo tie is unique — and you can guarantee that no one at the office will have the same one.
- Speaking of the office, dads who need a little break time can invite his friends into his office for a friendly game of Penny Hockey or Soccer. Best two out of three?
- For the dads who brave the heat of the summer for that perfectly seared steak, a personalized grilling spatula would show him how much you love him (and those juicy burgers).
- Every dad needs a good wallet. This RFID-Blocking Carbon Fiber Wallet made with aerospace-grade carbon fiber will make your dad feel like a CIA operative while keeping all of his accounts safe. If you think your Dad want’s something more classic and highly practical, then the super-slim Allett wallet is for him.
- For dads who travel a lot, this Beer Tasting Map will help him keep track of all of his favorite local brewers.
- Self-proclaimed tinkerer Nate Barr created the amazing Zootility, a 12-in-one utility tool that’s thin enough to fit in your dad’s wallet and strong enough to help him complete any task.
- New dads need three things: a diaper bag, a baby blanket and a little something to help him relax after a long day. These diaper bags, which are made from recycled sail cloth, will make any new dad feel prepared for anything his new little guy or girl may… produce. California-based Bon Vivant baby blankets, cut and sewn by hand, can turn your baby into a cute little egg-roll, burrito or sushi roll. Finally, the Homemade Gin Kit, manufactured in Arlington, Virginia, will give dads of all ages his own DIY project.
Looking for more ways to support American manufacturing? Check out our Take Action page to learn how you can take steps to help re-build our manufacturing sector.