February 10, 2011 Headlines: Responding to Romer, GM Expands in China, Protesting Foxconn, and More
HuffPo: AAM’s Scott Paul responds to Christina Romer on manufacturing.
AP: GM has received environmental approval to begin construction on a plant in China.
WSJ: By 2018, China will be buying 30 million cars per year.
Reuters: Chinese inflation rose with the Lunar New Year.
NYT: Another response to Romer on the importance of Manufacturing.
WSJ: Protestors of Foxconn have yet to ditch their iPhones.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014