February 21, 2012 Headlines: Obama Tours Boeing Factory, Skilled Worker Shortage, Chinese Factory Explosion, and More
The Hill: At a Boeing factory, President Obama touts manufacturing in his weekly address.
WSJ: Air Force One returned to the Everett, WA factory where it was made.
WaPo: Although factories are hiring again, there is still a shortage of skilled workers.
WSJ: China could soon be dealing with another debt problem, one caused by loans from unlisted banks.
WaPo: Greek debt deal is reached, coupled with harsh austerity measures.
NYT: Changes appear to be in the works at Foxconn.
WSJ: After his American tour last week, Xi Jinping returns home to unfinished business.
AP: An explosion at a steel mill in China has killed at least 13 workers.
NYT: Debt-wracked Ireland is posed to be China’s entry into the Eurozone.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013