February 21, 2012 Headlines: Obama Tours Boeing Factory, Skilled Worker Shortage, Chinese Factory Explosion, and More
The Hill: At a Boeing factory, President Obama touts manufacturing in his weekly address.
WSJ: Air Force One returned to the Everett, WA factory where it was made.
WaPo: Although factories are hiring again, there is still a shortage of skilled workers.
WSJ: China could soon be dealing with another debt problem, one caused by loans from unlisted banks.
WaPo: Greek debt deal is reached, coupled with harsh austerity measures.
NYT: Changes appear to be in the works at Foxconn.
WSJ: After his American tour last week, Xi Jinping returns home to unfinished business.
AP: An explosion at a steel mill in China has killed at least 13 workers.
NYT: Debt-wracked Ireland is posed to be China’s entry into the Eurozone.
Related recent Blogs
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014