February 21, 2012 Headlines: Obama Tours Boeing Factory, Skilled Worker Shortage, Chinese Factory Explosion, and More
The Hill: At a Boeing factory, President Obama touts manufacturing in his weekly address.
WSJ: Air Force One returned to the Everett, WA factory where it was made.
WaPo: Although factories are hiring again, there is still a shortage of skilled workers.
WSJ: China could soon be dealing with another debt problem, one caused by loans from unlisted banks.
WaPo: Greek debt deal is reached, coupled with harsh austerity measures.
NYT: Changes appear to be in the works at Foxconn.
WSJ: After his American tour last week, Xi Jinping returns home to unfinished business.
AP: An explosion at a steel mill in China has killed at least 13 workers.
NYT: Debt-wracked Ireland is posed to be China’s entry into the Eurozone.
Related recent Blogs
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014