February 21, 2012 Headlines: Obama Tours Boeing Factory, Skilled Worker Shortage, Chinese Factory Explosion, and More
The Hill: At a Boeing factory, President Obama touts manufacturing in his weekly address.
WSJ: Air Force One returned to the Everett, WA factory where it was made.
WaPo: Although factories are hiring again, there is still a shortage of skilled workers.
WSJ: China could soon be dealing with another debt problem, one caused by loans from unlisted banks.
WaPo: Greek debt deal is reached, coupled with harsh austerity measures.
NYT: Changes appear to be in the works at Foxconn.
WSJ: After his American tour last week, Xi Jinping returns home to unfinished business.
AP: An explosion at a steel mill in China has killed at least 13 workers.
NYT: Debt-wracked Ireland is posed to be China’s entry into the Eurozone.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014