February 21, 2012 Headlines: Obama Tours Boeing Factory, Skilled Worker Shortage, Chinese Factory Explosion, and More
The Hill: At a Boeing factory, President Obama touts manufacturing in his weekly address.
WSJ: Air Force One returned to the Everett, WA factory where it was made.
WaPo: Although factories are hiring again, there is still a shortage of skilled workers.
WSJ: China could soon be dealing with another debt problem, one caused by loans from unlisted banks.
WaPo: Greek debt deal is reached, coupled with harsh austerity measures.
NYT: Changes appear to be in the works at Foxconn.
WSJ: After his American tour last week, Xi Jinping returns home to unfinished business.
AP: An explosion at a steel mill in China has killed at least 13 workers.
NYT: Debt-wracked Ireland is posed to be China’s entry into the Eurozone.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014