February 29, 2012 Headlines: Romney wins MI, Manufacturing Expands, Stock Markets Up, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney wins his home state of Michigan, despite his opposition to the Auto Rescue in 2008.
WSJ: Manufacturing expanded in the Mid-Atlantic region in February.
TIME: An increase in fuel prices could help domestic manufacturers due to shorter supply chains.
WSJ: The Hang Seng in Hong Kong is one of the best performing stock markets this year.
The Hill: Meanwhile, the Dow Jones Industrial Average managed to close above 13,000 for the first time since 2008.
WSJ: For the first time, Chinese citizens are able to move yuan outside the country.
AP: Rescue efforts have stopped after a chemical plant in China suffered an explosion.
WSJ: Don’t worry, the slowdown in equipment orders is just temporary.
Related recent Blogs
- A look at apparel manufacturing on the anniversary of the Bangladeshi factory disaster • by mmcmullan • 04/24/2014
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014