February 4, 2011 Headlines
An odd jobs report....few jobs created, but the unemployment rate down to 9 percent. Good news: manufacturing created 49,000 new jobs in January.
President Obama fires up Happy Valley talking about energy efficiency.
Fed Chair Ben Bernanke says it will take years to lower the unemployment rate to an acceptable level.
A Chinese firm wants to compete for U.S. defense contracts.
Related recent Blogs
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014