February 8, 2012 Headlines: Low Skilled Workers Hurting, Rise of the Yuan, Transportation Bill, and More
Naked Capitalism: Taking Wired magazine to task for whitewashing the conditions at Foxconn.
WSJ: Domestic manufacturers are looking at adding capacity in the United States.
Krugman: How playing by the rules no longer gives us a middle-class lifestyle.
The Hill: Some progress on a transportation bill.
WSJ: President Obama highlights opportunities an innovation at the White House Science Fair.
AP: China’s cabinet is promising annual 13% wage increase through 2015, and measures to create 45 million new jobs.
WSJ: Congressmen want to take on China on rare earth minerals.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014