February 8, 2012 Headlines: Low Skilled Workers Hurting, Rise of the Yuan, Transportation Bill, and More
Naked Capitalism: Taking Wired magazine to task for whitewashing the conditions at Foxconn.
WSJ: Domestic manufacturers are looking at adding capacity in the United States.
Krugman: How playing by the rules no longer gives us a middle-class lifestyle.
The Hill: Some progress on a transportation bill.
WSJ: President Obama highlights opportunities an innovation at the White House Science Fair.
AP: China’s cabinet is promising annual 13% wage increase through 2015, and measures to create 45 million new jobs.
WSJ: Congressmen want to take on China on rare earth minerals.
Related recent Blogs
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014