February 8, 2012 Headlines: Low Skilled Workers Hurting, Rise of the Yuan, Transportation Bill, and More
Naked Capitalism: Taking Wired magazine to task for whitewashing the conditions at Foxconn.
WSJ: Domestic manufacturers are looking at adding capacity in the United States.
Krugman: How playing by the rules no longer gives us a middle-class lifestyle.
The Hill: Some progress on a transportation bill.
WSJ: President Obama highlights opportunities an innovation at the White House Science Fair.
AP: China’s cabinet is promising annual 13% wage increase through 2015, and measures to create 45 million new jobs.
WSJ: Congressmen want to take on China on rare earth minerals.
Related recent Blogs
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014