GJGJ 2011 Plenary Panel: Clean Energy Panel--Manufacture It. Improve It. Invest in It.
We're blogging live as Center for American Progress President and CEO John Podesta introduces a panel addressing a clean energy agenda that will bolster the middle class and create jobs.
"To build a green economy we need to shape strong markets, provide better access to low-cost financing and build a globally competitive infrastructure to support businesses that drive economic growth."
He asks the panelists how we continue with this momentum and how do we build on certain policies going forward.
Nancy Sutley, Chair, White House Council on Environmental Quality
"There is no doubt that the clean energy economy is one of the keys to our future."
Sutley is saying that we need to invest in electric vehicles to create jobs and praising the Recovery Act as an opportunity for the clean energy economy to grow and to prosper.
She is discussing offshore wind development and its potential to be a huge resource and states that we [the Obama administration] will continue to make this a priority.
Leo Gerard, International President, United Steelworkers
"We need to work with all the segments of our society so that we can develop a manufacturing strategy and an industrial plan."
"We need the money in the 48C so that we can develop the infrastructure to make the components to go into that [manufacturing strategy]"
President Gerard is discussing the proper allocation of resources in order to develop a sound infrastructure due to the fact that America is working with limited resources.
William J. O'Rourke, Vice President, Sustainibility and Environment, Health and Safety Alcoa
O'Rourke is discussing the importance of recycling and its critical role in creating a sustainable clean energy economy.
Related recent Blogs
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013