GM's Chevy Volt is Creating Jobs
With the release of the 2011 Chevy Volt, new hope has been born for American auto-manufacturing. In a Starpress article on how GM's Volt is saving jobs, Detroit factory worker Mitch Seaton said that with the arrival of the Volt, "They never saw a plant more upbeat than when it started building the first extended-range electric car -- a bit more than a year after GM's plunge into bankruptcy."
Read more on how the Volt is helping to change the face of American manufacturing.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013