A great, surprise Made-in-USA product: wine storage units from WineRacks.com
Thanks to a growing wine appreciation movement, nearly one in every five new homes includes a wine rack, wine cellar, or wine storage unit. In fact, wine storage is now a growing, $500 million industry, and U.S. manufacturers are at the forefront of this burgeoning industry.
Wine storage can be more involved than one might expect. Dedicated oenophiles sometimes spend $2,000 for a home storage renovation, and can spend as much as $25,000 for a large, 2,000-bottle cellar.
To help supply wine aficionados with top-quality storage units, WineRacks.com, has been proudly manufacturing quality wine cellars, cabinets, and cooling systems in the U.S. for the past 21 years.
Rob Hazelton, the Vice President of WineRacks.com, explains that the company has been able to keep manufacturing jobs in the U.S. by "appropriately sourcing our raw materials and by maintaining a well-trained, well-compensated, and happy work force. A lot goes into manufacturing our products and we are very proud to be a Made In America company."
Mark Karpinski, the Director of Sales for Wineracks.com, says that local building material centers are "capitalizing on the sale" of these wine storage products thanks to all of the sales of the construction materials involved. Karpinski says that "all of these build-outs also create American jobs."
Karpinski is correct to cite manufacturing's unique "job multiplier" effect-- its unique ability to support other jobs throughout the surrounding economy." In fact WineRacks say that they proudly employ and train "qualified manufacturing specialists" for a host of diverse projects.
Hazelton adds that Wineracks.com looks forward to building more wine storage products and employing more U.S. workers in the future.
Learn more about WineRacks and wine storage.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013