Home construction goes the "Made in America" route
A Virginia home construction worker has taken on the challenge of building a house that's entirely made in America.
T.E. Jones of Vintage Home says he's trying to use all American-made components: "It's our way of trying to keep this movement alive and create jobs. A lot of people think it can't be done. We're proving it can."
Jones is constructing a home for the Tidewater Builders Association's Homearama Showcase. Thousands of visitors will tour it between June 16 and July 1. It is believed to be only the second all-American home in the country and the first in the Eastern United States, as well as the first to be featured in a showcase of homes.
"Now that we know more about products available from American-based manufacturers, we can all do our part to create jobs," said TBA President Sam Cohen. "After all, home building is one job that can't be shipped overseas."
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013