Hybrid Solar Technology: Where is the Innovation?
General Electric will be building “The Prius of Power Plants,” utilizing a hybrid of wind, solar, and natural gas technologies. This blend of technologies will allow the plant to operate at a high capacity, regardless of whether the wind is blowing or the sun is shining. It’s a great use of innovation and manufacturing to build a clean economy, and will certainly lead to high-quality, good-paying jobs in a variety of sectors and the plant is build and manned.
Where is this plant being built? Turkey.
The good news is that the plant will use Solar Panels that are developed in California by eSolar.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013