If you manufacture it in the U.S., a new ad firm wants to help you sell it.
The "Made in USA" brand holds a lot of appeal for U.S. consumers. In fact, according to a 2011 Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) national poll, 90% of Americans have a favorable view of American manufacturing companies, and 97% have a favorable view of U.S.-made goods.
Recognizing the popularity of American-made products, a new advertising firm, MADE, has decided to focus on supporting a "resurgence in American manufacturing."
MADE will "specialize in brand-building and communications efforts to help U.S. companies better compete against global rivals."
Creative Director Dave Schiff explains:
"CP&B is a great agency, and I could never see myself leaving to go to another agency," said Mr. Schiff in a statement. "But this is a mission. We work a lot in advertising, and I want to put every hour into building something I'm deeply committed to. ... More than 5.5 million U.S. manufacturing jobs have been lost or outsourced since 2001, yet if the average American spent 1% more on American-made goods and services, it would create 250,000 new jobs. We feel like we can help make that happen and more."
Lastly, here's a classic, recent example of an ad that demonstrates why Americans want to buy American-made:
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013