Indiana State Republican Convention Delegates Concerned About Auto Parts Jobs
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) field coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury attended the Indiana State Republican Convention, whch brought together 1800 delegates from across the state of Indiana, many of whom are concerned about auto parts jobs. Bennett Steury said she met a large number of delegates who are, or have been, employed as engineers, as well as tool and die makers.
Bennett Steury and colleague Jeff Rains met delegate Gene White (picture here with AAM’s Rains), who took the time to sign the Alliance for American Manufacturing’s auto parts campaign postcard.
The postcard campaign is an effort to get concerned voters to send a message to Washington telling their elected officials that the auto parts sector matters. The U.S. auto parts sector is under attack from a flood of subsidized imports from China. It's time for Congress and the Obama Administration to enforce our trade laws and provide a level playing field for the U.S auto parts supply chain.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Japan's currency moves are heating up a trade problem • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- Oregon construction group pushes for Made in America • by scapozzola • 05/14/2013
- Promise on the horizon for American solar • by mmcmullan • 05/14/2013