January 27, 2011 Headlines: Krugman on Jobs (Steve), Strong GDP Growth, China at Davos, and More
NYT: Subsidies for wind and solar are falling, and providing an opening to foreign suppliers.
Bloomberg: Predictions of a Chinese solar energy boom.
PW: GDP growth in Q4 of 2011 was the fastest rate in 18 months.
The Hill: Seasonal layoffs inflate coming unemployment numbers.
TIME: Should we care about the standards at FoxConn? Did we care about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire?
WSJ: Big topic at Davos: China’s foreign reserves.
The Daily Show: Jon Stewart’s take on China’s slave labor factories that make our electronics. It’s really funny, until you realize that it’s 100% true.
Related recent Blogs
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- August 11, 2014: Chinese Textile Manufacturing ... in the Carolinas • by mmcmullan • 08/11/2014
- Maury’s clothing line: “Made in America, without compromise.” • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- August 8, 2014: Maury is a close second to trade data in our book • by mmcmullan • 08/08/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014