June 20, 2011 Headlines: Chinese Currency Manipulation, Reshoring, Senate (In)action on Jobs, and More
CNN: Yet another treatment of the reshoring trend. This time by CNNMoney.
LAT: Shoppers are seeking out locally made apparel in Southern California.
Guardian: Cambodian garment workers stage mass “fainting” to protest abysmal working conditions. (Check your clothing labels, please.)
Guardian: China’s rare earth minerals policy is causing costs to soar around the world.
NYT: Multinational corporations push for repatriation of overseas income. (Didn’t create jobs the first time around, by the way.)
WaPo: Robert Samuelson says there are a lot of vacant jobs to fill; he also says that the economy is still bad.
Politico: Senate Democrats look to work on jobs. (Think I read the same story in February. Where’s the action?)
USAT: Congrats to Virginia Tech students, who designed a car that will achieve 82 mpg.
NYT: It’s going to take a LONG time for many metro areas to reclaim the jobs they lost during the recession.
FP: The Commerce Department launches a program to attract business investment to the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013