June 20, 2011 Headlines: Chinese Currency Manipulation, Reshoring, Senate (In)action on Jobs, and More
CNN: Yet another treatment of the reshoring trend. This time by CNNMoney.
LAT: Shoppers are seeking out locally made apparel in Southern California.
Guardian: Cambodian garment workers stage mass “fainting” to protest abysmal working conditions. (Check your clothing labels, please.)
Guardian: China’s rare earth minerals policy is causing costs to soar around the world.
NYT: Multinational corporations push for repatriation of overseas income. (Didn’t create jobs the first time around, by the way.)
WaPo: Robert Samuelson says there are a lot of vacant jobs to fill; he also says that the economy is still bad.
Politico: Senate Democrats look to work on jobs. (Think I read the same story in February. Where’s the action?)
USAT: Congrats to Virginia Tech students, who designed a car that will achieve 82 mpg.
NYT: It’s going to take a LONG time for many metro areas to reclaim the jobs they lost during the recession.
FP: The Commerce Department launches a program to attract business investment to the U.S.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013