LISTEN: KCBS Radio -- "Manufacturing Group Protests Chinese Steel Used in Bay Bridge Construction"
In Oakland, KCBS radio reporter Chris Filippi interviewed Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Executive Director Scott Paul on Monday regarding AAM's new "Should Be Made in America" campaign.
Filippi asked Paul about AAM's new billboards posted along Interstate 880 that depict the Chinese flag with the words “The Bay Bridge 100% Foreign Steel.”
Paul explained that not using American steel for the project cost local jobs:
“Those jobs could have been right in the United States and could have been done here at a reasonable cost to taxpayer and also with the creation of about 2,500 manufacturing jobs,” Paul said.
Related recent Blogs
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013
- The key to the success of the U.S. military: a strong U.S. industrial base • by TGarland • 06/11/2013