LIVE WEBCAST THIS MORNING: Brookings Institution looks at manufacturing in Ohio.
HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. The Brookings Institution is hosting a live webcast this morning of "Going Global: Boosting Ohio’s Economic Future," the second in a series of domestic and international forums being convened this year by the Global Cities Initiative. The forum will explore how metropolitan-led economic growth—including global trade and investment—are important for job creation, and how Ohio can leverage its position in the global market.
"Locating American Manufacturing: Trends in the Geography of Production," a report by Howard Wial, Susan Helper, and Timothy Krueger, will be released at the event.
Among the many panelists are: Dr. Gordon Gee, President, The Ohio State University; Bruce Katz, The Brookings Institution; Michael B. Coleman, Mayor, City of Columbus; Honorable Richard M. Daley, Former Mayor, City of Chicago. One panelist of note is Henry Cialone, President and CEO of Edison Welding Institute. (Mr. Cialone was a panelist at the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) 2007 "Keep it Made in America" Town Hall in Columbus, Ohio.)
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013