LIVEBLOG: Mike Doyle makes a heckuva a point at the PA #SOSJobs rally
Mike Doyle, who represents Pennsylvania’s 14th District in the U.S. House of Representatives, hit a lot of points today during his remarks to the #SOSJobs rally in Munhall. But Doyle made one especially good one while speaking to the gathered workers and community leaders:
It’s not fair to our companies that they have to be mortally wounded before they can bring a case to the ITC (International Trade Commission).
He’s right; international commerce doesn’t slow to a crawl while our government mulls over trade decisions. According to a report by the Economic Policy Institute, dubiously priced steel imports surged by millions of tons between 2010 and 2012, but the damages to American steelworkers happened in real time.
That’s why it’s so important that the precedent of a correct ruling is set when the Department of Commerce issues its final ruling on the case of dumped South Korean pipe and tube imports. Learn more about the case, and then take action.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014