LIVEBLOG: Steelworkers Call for Action to Curb Unfair Trade at #SOSJobs Rally in Texas.
At this morning's #SOSJobs rally in Lone Star, Texas, U. S. Steel Lone Star Tubular Operations Plant Manager Brent Sansing and local USW president Oodie Royal urged Washington to create a level playing field for the nation's steel industry:
We can not compete in an unfair market. We need our trade laws enforced. We make the best steel in the world. As long as Washington enforces the rules we can compete with anyone.
Learn more about a pending trade case on dumped steel product from overseas.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014