LIVEBLOG: Steelworkers Call for Action to Curb Unfair Trade at #SOSJobs Rally in Texas.
At this morning's #SOSJobs rally in Lone Star, Texas, U. S. Steel Lone Star Tubular Operations Plant Manager Brent Sansing and local USW president Oodie Royal urged Washington to create a level playing field for the nation's steel industry:
We can not compete in an unfair market. We need our trade laws enforced. We make the best steel in the world. As long as Washington enforces the rules we can compete with anyone.
Learn more about a pending trade case on dumped steel product from overseas.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014