March 14, 2011 Headlines: China's Manufacturing Edge, Yuan Update, and More
FT: China surpasses the United States as the world’s leading manufacturer as measured by output.
STL P-D: An excellent look at how trade laws ensure a level playing field for St. Louis-area workers and businesses.
Meanwhile, an appellate body at the World Trade Organization rules against (WSJ) the United States in a trade law case regarding China. The Steelworkers respond (PR-USA).
NYT: China’s Premier, Wen Jiabao, says the Yuan will not appreciate any faster.
Is there a “gradual revolution” in China? One professor thinks so. Evolving Excellence thinks potential turmoil in China will make it a riskier bet for outsourcing (EE).
WaPo: Steve Pearlstein busts some myths about globalization, including the chimeras that outsourcing creates jobs and industrial policy doesn’t work.
NYT: One impact of the horrendous tsunami and earthquake in Japan: its auto industry is temporarily shut down.
WSJ: What will the unemployment rate be on Election Day in 2012? One prediction is 7.7%, the highest since Jimmy Carter defeated Gerald Ford in 1976.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013