March 9, 2012 Headlines: 227K Jobs Added, Saving Auto Jobs, China's Inflation, and More
The economy added 227,000 jobs in February, with a gain of 31,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Forbes.
CT: Op-ed by AAM’s Scott Paul on saving auto jobs in Illinois.
WSJ: China’s inflation numbers are shifting, and for the first time in a while, it pays to save.
Ezra Klein: Could a rising unemployment rate be a positive sign for the economy?
WSJ: First-time unemployment claims continue to fall.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013