March 9, 2012 Headlines: 227K Jobs Added, Saving Auto Jobs, China's Inflation, and More
The economy added 227,000 jobs in February, with a gain of 31,000 in manufacturing. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and Forbes.
CT: Op-ed by AAM’s Scott Paul on saving auto jobs in Illinois.
WSJ: China’s inflation numbers are shifting, and for the first time in a while, it pays to save.
Ezra Klein: Could a rising unemployment rate be a positive sign for the economy?
WSJ: First-time unemployment claims continue to fall.
Related recent Blogs
- Faribault Woolen Mill Thriving in its Third Century of Business • by elizabethbb • 08/01/2014
- August 1, 2014: The Rare, Solid Manufacturing Jobs Report • by mmcmullan • 08/01/2014
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014