May 11, 2012 Headlines: Record Trade Deficit, China's Slowing Economy, Jobless Claims Down, and More
The Hill: As imports expanded, March saw a jump up in the monthly U.S. trade deficit.
NYT: China's slowing economy is showing the limits of the Communist political model.
The Hill: Jobless claims continue their slide, giving hope to a long-term recovery.
The Atlantic: How long can Shanghai's growth sustain itself?
The Hill: Export-Import Bank bill stalls in the Senate.
Bonddad: Despite record trade deficits, exports are up.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013