May 14, 2012 Headlines: China Currency Manipulation, Aircraft Made in China, Unemployment Claims Down, and More
NYT: Aircraft makers are now expanding into China.
Reuters: Ford expands production in China.
WSJ: Economists still see the yuan as severely undervalued.
MSNBC: Mitt Romney says that we’re “on the verge of a manufacturing renaissance”.
WSJ: China’s investment in a military-industrial base is about to produce their first mass domestic-produced jet engine.
The Hill: Export-Import Bank legislation is on the Senate’s docket this week.
WSJ: Exports are up, which is a good sign for the economy as a whole.
The Atlantic: Singapore’s economic success comes from a strong manufacturing policy.
The Hill: Lawmakers have no comments on a Chinese bank taking over 13 banks in New York and California.
WSJ: Unemployment claims continue to fall.
NYT: Asian demand is driving the rise in business jet sales.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013