May 18, 2012 Headlines: GM Volt Production Up, Tariffs on China, State Buy America, and More
DFP: GM is increasing production at their Chevy Volt plant, creating 200 jobs.
The Hill: The Commerce Department has imposed tariffs on illegal Chinese solar imports.
WaPo: Is this the end of cheap solar?
The Atlantic: R&D is a complex process, and companies need to invest in it.
NPR: More coverage of niche manufacturing: Breweries have increased while beer consumption has remained steady.
WSJ: The chief tax writer in the House wants a real tax reform.
WSJ: Bad numbers from the Philadelphia Fed manufacturing report.
PPG: The 3rd Circuit has upheld state Buy America laws.
Related recent Blogs
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013