May 19, 2011 Headlines: Jobs Coming Back, Made in America at Notre Dame, Mike Coffman on Rare Earths, and More
HuffPo: Six emerging economies will account for over half of world economic growth by 2025. Will this end the dominance of the U.S. Dollar?
WE: Jobs that were once shipped to China are now moving back to Kansas.
WSJ: Can you search for pro-democracy websites in China? Apparently not.
Bloomberg: The Fighting Irish are also fighting for American jobs. Nothing in their bookstore is made in China.
OW: Yamaha will begin building its ATVs in Newman, GA.
CNN: It turns out that instead of cutting production costs, worker training is a better way to build our manufacturing economy.
WSJ: According to China, the U.S. is overstating the threat China poses.
WaPo: The WTO has ruled that Airbus receives excessive subsidies from the E.U., giving them an unnatural edge of Boeing.
NYT: This year’s college graduates face a bleak job market, and with piling debt, are severely underemployed.
WSJ: GM is increasing the production of the Chevy Volt, an all-electric car. The best part: They’ll be built in Michigan.
Reuters: Will the U.S. gain greater transparency into Chinese companies?
WSJ: Rep. Mike Coffman (R-CO) wants to know where the rare-earth elements are, and how the U.S. can access these vital components.
Related recent Blogs
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- December 3, 2013: One number shows a #MFG uptick. Does that mean more #MFG jobs? • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- The Computer Wore Heels: Check out "Top Secret Rosies" • by mmcmullan • 12/02/2013
- December 2, 2013: American-made holiday shopping • by LDonia • 12/02/2013