May 25, 2012 Headlines: Obama and Romney Pitch Manufacturing, Jobless Claims Down, China Files WTO Case, and More
TG: President Obama was in Iowa yesterday to pitch manufacturing jobs.
The Hill: Jobless claims continued their fall.
WSJ: Analysis of durable-goods orders and jobless claims.
AP: China files a WTO case against US tariffs on China’s illegal imports.
NYT: China’s economy is slowing down.
The Early Shift will be off on Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day and will resume on Tuesday, May 29.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013