May 4, 2012 Headlines: April Jobs Numbers, Chen Guangcheng to Study Abroad, Asia-Pacific Trade Deal, and More
The economy added 115,000 jobs in April, with 16,000 of the gains coming from manufacturing jobs. Read coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, Reuters, Politico, and National Journal.
NYT: Chen Guangcheng will be “studying abroad” in a face-saving path forward.
Ezra Klein: The curse of the first quarter.
Related recent Blogs
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014