May 9, 2011 Headlines: U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue Coverage, Krugman on the Elites, and More
The U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue gets underway in Washington today. Some coverage:
WaPo weighs in on the meeting.
NYT: Laura Tyson says the Yuan doesn’t impact our trade balance. She’s wrong.
WSJ: The U.S. will continue to press China to raise the value of its currency.
Reuters looks at the ‘irritants’ in the relationship.
BW: The U.S. will also ask China to raise interest rates.
BG: Should American troops be wearing American-made athletic footwear? Absolutely.
USAT: A look at the role manufacturing is playing in the fortunes of two Indiana cities.
WaPo: The rescue package for GM and Chrysler is working, says E.J. Dionne.
TD: Are we in a McJobs economy?
FT: The Financial Times looks inside the future of American manufacturing.
The Hill: Will high unemployment in battleground states spell trouble for Obama?
NYT: Beijing blames “foreigners” for all of its problems.
NYT: Paul Krugman rightly sticks it to the elites.
Bloomberg: German exports are way up. Wish we could say the same thing.
WSJ: Chinese wages are rising.
The Diplomat: China is building a lot of destroyers for its Navy.
Related recent Blogs
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014