May 9, 2011 Headlines: U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue Coverage, Krugman on the Elites, and More
The U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue gets underway in Washington today. Some coverage:
WaPo weighs in on the meeting.
NYT: Laura Tyson says the Yuan doesn’t impact our trade balance. She’s wrong.
WSJ: The U.S. will continue to press China to raise the value of its currency.
Reuters looks at the ‘irritants’ in the relationship.
BW: The U.S. will also ask China to raise interest rates.
BG: Should American troops be wearing American-made athletic footwear? Absolutely.
USAT: A look at the role manufacturing is playing in the fortunes of two Indiana cities.
WaPo: The rescue package for GM and Chrysler is working, says E.J. Dionne.
TD: Are we in a McJobs economy?
FT: The Financial Times looks inside the future of American manufacturing.
The Hill: Will high unemployment in battleground states spell trouble for Obama?
NYT: Beijing blames “foreigners” for all of its problems.
NYT: Paul Krugman rightly sticks it to the elites.
Bloomberg: German exports are way up. Wish we could say the same thing.
WSJ: Chinese wages are rising.
The Diplomat: China is building a lot of destroyers for its Navy.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014