May 9, 2011 Headlines: U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue Coverage, Krugman on the Elites, and More
The U.S.-China Strategic & Economic Dialogue gets underway in Washington today. Some coverage:
WaPo weighs in on the meeting.
NYT: Laura Tyson says the Yuan doesn’t impact our trade balance. She’s wrong.
WSJ: The U.S. will continue to press China to raise the value of its currency.
Reuters looks at the ‘irritants’ in the relationship.
BW: The U.S. will also ask China to raise interest rates.
BG: Should American troops be wearing American-made athletic footwear? Absolutely.
USAT: A look at the role manufacturing is playing in the fortunes of two Indiana cities.
WaPo: The rescue package for GM and Chrysler is working, says E.J. Dionne.
TD: Are we in a McJobs economy?
FT: The Financial Times looks inside the future of American manufacturing.
The Hill: Will high unemployment in battleground states spell trouble for Obama?
NYT: Beijing blames “foreigners” for all of its problems.
NYT: Paul Krugman rightly sticks it to the elites.
Bloomberg: German exports are way up. Wish we could say the same thing.
WSJ: Chinese wages are rising.
The Diplomat: China is building a lot of destroyers for its Navy.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013