November 18, 2011 Headlines: China and Human Rights, SuperCommittee Deadline, Whirlpool Factory Closing, and More
WSJ: Rep. Chris Smith (R-NJ) was turned away at the Chinese border. Could it have anything to do with his outspoken record on China’s Human Rights abuses?
WaPo: A rundown of the options for bailing out Europe.
Bloomberg: The SuperCommittee is nearing its deadline, with no sign of a resolution.
WSJ: According to the President of the World Bank, China will not bail out the Eurozone.
Bloomberg: The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence is looking into whether or not China’s phone companies are a security threat.
WSJ: The effects of a Whirlpool factory leaving Fort Smith, AR.
The House Committee on Ways and Means wrote to the U.S.-China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade to urge them to rebalance our trade relationship.
WSJ: The number of first-time jobless claims shrunk to 388,000.
Reuters: Mounting tension between the U.S. and China is evident in the Asia Summit.
WSJ: In another sign of the times, food stamp use rose in 2010.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013