November 3, 2011 Headlines: Innovation, GDP and the Election, Greek Euro Crisis, and More
The Atlantic: How can we hope to create innovative new products if we can’t build them here?
538: Nate Silver looks at the effect that GDP and the economy will have on the President’s re-election chances. Hint: bad GDP is bad for Obama.
WaPo: Europe is slipping back into a recession.
AP: Chinese spacecraft execute their first in-space docking. Meanwhile, the space shuttle is retired and the United States no longer launches people into space.
NYT: China is seeking $2.4 million in back taxes from dissident Ai Weiwei.
WaPo: Like the United States, China is now facing a crisis of healthcare spending.
NYT: More reaction from China to criticism of their currency manipulation.
WaPo: Effects of the Greek meltdown on the EuroZone.
WSJ: Private sector hiring was up, but not by enough, last month.
WaPo: The long-term unemployed are older than in the past.
WSJ: Consumer confidence remains low, lengthening the recession and recovery.
WaPo: Does the Solyndra bankruptcy mean a coming crisis in clean energy manufacturing?
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013