November 3, 2011 Headlines: Innovation, GDP and the Election, Greek Euro Crisis, and More
The Atlantic: How can we hope to create innovative new products if we can’t build them here?
538: Nate Silver looks at the effect that GDP and the economy will have on the President’s re-election chances. Hint: bad GDP is bad for Obama.
WaPo: Europe is slipping back into a recession.
AP: Chinese spacecraft execute their first in-space docking. Meanwhile, the space shuttle is retired and the United States no longer launches people into space.
NYT: China is seeking $2.4 million in back taxes from dissident Ai Weiwei.
WaPo: Like the United States, China is now facing a crisis of healthcare spending.
NYT: More reaction from China to criticism of their currency manipulation.
WaPo: Effects of the Greek meltdown on the EuroZone.
WSJ: Private sector hiring was up, but not by enough, last month.
WaPo: The long-term unemployed are older than in the past.
WSJ: Consumer confidence remains low, lengthening the recession and recovery.
WaPo: Does the Solyndra bankruptcy mean a coming crisis in clean energy manufacturing?
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013