October 12, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Bill Passes Senate, GOP Debates the Economy, and More
Last night the Senate passed the China currency bill. Read coverage from Bloomberg, The New York Times, The Hill, and the Washington Post.
China predictably criticized the decision. Coverage from the AP, The Wall Street Journal, and Xinhua.
WaPo: The jobs bill failed in the Senate.
The GOP presidential candidates debated economic issues last night. Read analysis from Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
WaPo: Last night’s debate also forced the candidates to talk about China’s currency manipulation.
USAT: Meanwhile, the President sat down with some construction workers to talk jobs.
WSJ: More in-depth analysis of the currency issue.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013