October 12, 2011 Headlines: China Currency Bill Passes Senate, GOP Debates the Economy, and More
Last night the Senate passed the China currency bill. Read coverage from Bloomberg, The New York Times, The Hill, and the Washington Post.
China predictably criticized the decision. Coverage from the AP, The Wall Street Journal, and Xinhua.
WaPo: The jobs bill failed in the Senate.
The GOP presidential candidates debated economic issues last night. Read analysis from Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times.
WaPo: Last night’s debate also forced the candidates to talk about China’s currency manipulation.
USAT: Meanwhile, the President sat down with some construction workers to talk jobs.
WSJ: More in-depth analysis of the currency issue.
Related recent Blogs
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014