October 18, 2011 Headlines: Factory Production Rises, CoC Opposes China Currency Bill, and More
AP: U.S. factory production was up in September.
PT: Stimulus dollars are being used to replace traffic lights with new, energy efficient models - made in China, Taiwan, Japan, and South Korea.
Bloomberg: China’s economy grew at the slowest pace in two years last quarter ("only" 9.1% growth).
WSJ: China’s growth rate last quarter was equal to the U.S. unemployment rate.
WaPo: According to Kenneth Lieberthal of the Brookings Institute, China’s currency manipulation is bad for both China and the U.S.
WSJ: Tom Donahue, president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, says that holding China accountable is bad for our trade partnership.
AP: Wal-Mart’s China CEO is resigning, in the midst of a food safety case against the company.
WSJ: President Obama calls on Congress to pass pieces of his jobs bill.
Related recent Blogs
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013