President Obama announces advanced manufacturing institute: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement
In Raleigh, NC today, President Obama announced new measures intended to strengthen the U.S. manufacturing sector and boost advanced manufacturing.
Commented Scott Paul, President of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM):
"President Obama is doing the right thing by moving ahead with the establishment of innovation institutes to support American manufacturing. The research and development performed at the new hub, along with public-private collaboration, will ensure that the U.S. remains competitive in next-generation power electronics.
"However, manufacturing hubs like the one in Raleigh can only succeed if their innovation and production is, in fact, made by American workers. That’s why we need a national manufacturing strategy and a more aggressive plan to bring jobs home from countries like China.
"We look forward to working with the White House and Congress to build a true resurgence in American manufacturing."
Related recent Blogs
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- No Electricity Needed for Corter Leather & Cloth • by elizabethbb • 08/15/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014